Get a serious air purifier that meets your needs
1. Know your indoor air pollutants
Common sources of indoor air pollution (Source: EPA
- Airborne chemicals and VOCs from building materials and furnishings, asbestos-containing insulation, cleaning products, personal care products, paint, textiles, pesticides, combustion appliances, arts and crafts supplies, and many more
- Poor ventilation and improperly maintained HVAC systems
- Particles such as dust, pollen dander
- Biological pollutants such as bacteria and viruses
- Mold due to water infiltration, leaking roofs, wet or damp carpets, etc.
- Tobacco products
- Radon, outdoor air pollution
How air purifiers help
A HEPA filter alone is unable to filter out chemicals and irritating odors because HEPA only removes particles. You need both a HEPA and a large activated carbon filter to also remove airborne chemicals and gases that are harmful to human health.
AllerAir specializes in these types of air purifiers and will help you find the best air cleaner for your indoor air problems. Contact us directly or learn more about Multiple Chemical Sensitivities (MCS).
2. Be aware of the health effects
Health symptoms linked to polluted indoor air:
- Symptoms may appear soon after exposure or, possibly, years later (EPA)
- Short-term health effects: irritation of the eyes, nose and throat, headaches and fatigue
- Long-term health effects: Respiratory diseases, heart disease and cancer (EPA). According to the latest research, cancer has become the second leading cause of death worldwide. Toxic exposures in the environment are responsible for a substantial percentage of all cancers, between 7 and 19%. (Environmental Health Perspectives).
- Pregnant women, fetuses, infants, children and the elderly are most vulnerable to indoor air pollution
Source control, improved ventilation and humidity control are all important steps to improve indoor air quality, but a portable air purifier with a deep bed of activated carbon and a HEPA filter will help clean the air 24/7.
3. Insist on a complete air cleaner
A complete air purifier has a multi-stage filtration system:
- A large, deep-bed activated carbon filter to remove chemicals, gases and odors
- A HEPA or Super-HEPA filter for particles
- Ultra-efficient pre-filters
- Option of UV germicidal filtration to neutralize biological contaminants such as bacteria, viruses and mold mycotoxins.
AllerAir provides the most complete air cleaning solutions with the largest and deepest activated carbon filters.information you need to avoid making the wrong air purifier purchase.
Check out our Sizing and Model Selection Guides and the information you need to avoid making the wrong air purifier purchase.
4. Compare companies and models
AllerAir air cleaners are made with the most inert and environmentally friendly materials possible. Plus, you get the most relevant filtration media for the best price – guaranteed.
- Metal housing instead of plastic
- Powder-coated finish
- Refillable carbon canisters
- Organic, unbleached cotton pre-filters
- Recyclable 100% virgin activated carbon
- Separate filters to maximize each filter’s lifespan
- Smart airflow design
- No ozone, no Styrene, no foam, no Polyamide or glue
- Energy-efficient operation
- Deep-bed activated carbon filters
- Custom carbon blends
No other company offers as much relevant filtration media in the same price range and so many options to make sure the air purifier addresses your specific indoor air concerns.
5. Talk to an IAQ expert
For best protection against harmful indoor air pollutants, you need a serious air purifier that works – period. AllerAir believes in a proactive approach to air cleaning and will help you find the right air purifier. Call AllerAir at 1-888-852-8247.
6. Arm yourself with the right questions
Whether you are looking for a general purpose air cleaner or an air purifier to address a specific indoor air problem (e.g. heavy odors, tobacco smoke or mold), you need information to make the best decision. Here are some of the most important questions to ask:
- What types of filters does the air purifier have?
- What is the required maintenance?
- What is your warranty?
- What features make the air purifier stand out?
- Does the air purifier release any harmful byproducts?
- How does your air purifier compare to other units on the market?
You will find that AllerAir takes clean air seriously. Instead of gadgets, AllerAir delivers the most efficient, relevant and filter-loaded air purifiers possible. Contact AllerAir for more information: 1-888-852-8247.